Deadpool Review (PS3)

Story

It's-a-me, Deadpool!

Hiya, gamers! Deadpool here. For those any gamers out there who do know who the hell I am, I am THE most popular Marvel character in the history! I got some badass katanas, cool handguns, and lots more.

So there I was hanging out in my cool apartment, a game studio named High Moon Studios actually called me to star me in a video game. Never heard of them before, but I am pretty sure they are glad that they got me starring me in the game. Gotta say though, the script is pretty full of surprises (never actually read it.). As me, you players get to fight lots of other villains like Blockbuster (never like the guy), Arclight (hot babe), and Mister Sinister (annoying cloning villain). Not to say the least, we get to meet the X-Men guys like Rogue (me likey), Domino (me likey too), and Wolverine (too furry). Also, we can meet my old pal Cable (blabbermouth)!

So, do I like the story? Eh, pretty good with some original ideas but like most other players (including the player reviewing me) actually feel that the story is too short. Damn right. Too short. So if you looking for a game with longer story and playthrough, get other games, players.

Gameplay
People say that I have some crazy looking skills. In fact, I can fire my guns even with my back turned!

So if you players have played any decent action games, then you will know how to play MY game. You can use melee weapons like my totally-favorite katanas or deadly hammers, and guns like my trusty handguns and totally-awesome pulse rifles. You can also counter enemy attacks using my melee or gun weapons (complete ripoff from Batman: Arkham games, anyone?), or teleport (awesome skill) to evade attacks.

Again, like any other action games, there is a variety of enemy types (clones, I tell ya) to encountered, like rifle-wielding enemies (losers), melee-wielding weapons (pushovers), and giant enemies (slow). You might wanna choose the right weapon when fighting them.

Use the DP points, player! And upgrade my weapons and get new Player upgrades while you are it!

To be honest, no action games are complete without some kind of progression feature, like my own Upgrade stuffs. DP points can be collected by picking medal-like coins while progressing in different levels. You can buy new weapons or upgrade them to more even cooler weapons. You can also buy Player Upgrades (totally important in Ultra-Violence mode) for me. DP points also obtained by defeating enemies (meaning, kicking their asses stylishly) and build a high combo. The higher the combo, the more DP points we get.

Oh, forgot to mention that you can use totally cool moves called Momentum moves. These moves are so badass that it can kill many enemies at the same time. BUT, like other action games it can only be charged by attacking enemies or countering. You can pickup some weird square objects to fill out your Momentum, too. Momentums can only be used when you have upgraded your weapons. And, did I mention that you can use bear traps or mines on enemies? Totally wicked.

Not much puzzles in this game, though since the studio (ain't my fault if the game is too short) focuses more on my action. But some of them can be totally hilarious especially for my own fans.

Hmm, not much boss fights in the game though. Either High Moon Studio are out of budget or because I might have killed one of the guys there accidentally when I set off the bomb there.

So, players. Are you interested in my game? Do you like my charm (obviously), my badass skills (more obviously), my fourth wall-breaking humour (damn obviously), and my looks (better than Wolvering at least)? If yes, try it out. Sorry to say that my game ain't long enough for you fanboys or fangirls to enjoy and even I myself find that my combat is... repetitive? Eh, whatever. Check out the Youtube videos if you want to play me, baby.

Graphics

I look good in this game. The screen tearing, not so much.

I gotta say, I love myself in the game. I look really awesome with my red suit and mask. Gotta say that my real face needs a bit more detail, though. Clone enemies look damn bland, though. X-Men guys (Rogue is so hot), Death (totally hot), and Cable look great, though. What I can't stand is the damn screen is tearing during cutscenes. Damn it, High Moon. Patch this up if you really want to make a good job on my game next time.

Sound

Got Nolan North as my voice actor. How cool is that!?

Man, I gotta say that I am happy that I hired Nolan North as my voice actor (through gun threats), as I can honestly feel that he is my man after all. Others, hmm... Not bad. Steven Blum voiced Wolverine (how many games and animes he must voice, man !? 1000!?). Gotta say I love Rogue's and Death's voices, though (gotta find out their voice actors).

Ooh, I love the music. I like rock music a lot, and thanks to High Moon they did that. Sucks there is no soundtrack for me to listen after finishing this game.

Replay Value

Play me in Challenge mode, or play the whole damn game again in Ultra-Violence mode.

Eeh, replay value sucks in this game. Either you are stuck with me until you get the Platinum for the game, or just sell off the game after finishing it. If you totally keeping this game and play for your own enjoyment, congrats to you, player. You deserve a medal (a tiny, bronze medal).

Conclusion


Eh, not too shabby game. My player likes it and gave the game an okay score, though. If it is me scoring the game, I give it a 6.75/10 for being too damn short and no epic boss fights, players.

So, players. Congrats for reading this review until the end. Pretty okay game for my first solo adventure. The pros totally evening out the cons though, so I dare say other players will rate this game's gameplay pretty average or low (not my fault again). Either way, I only recommend my game only to my loyal fans or if you can find this game cheap enough. Perhaps next time I should find and 'talk' to Rocksteady to make my sequel...

Score

Story: Awesome! 8/10 (Player Score: 8 out of 10)
Gameplay: Meh. 4/10(Player Score:  6 out of 10 )
Graphics: I could have look much better without those damn screen tearing. 7/10 (Player Score: 7 out of 10)
Sound: Yeah, baby! 8/10 (Player Score: 7 out of 10)

Final Score: 6.75/10. Meh, not bad High Moon. Should have gone to Rocksteady to do my damn game...(Player Final Score: 7.00/10.0 or 28/40. )

Pros and Cons

Pros
- The awesome Deadpool is the star!
- Awesome mix of melee combat and gun combat, baby!
- My charming fourth-breaking jokes.
- Some nice cameos like Death (super hot) and Rogue (hot as well)
- Get to do some fun things like slapping the hell out of someone (my furry little friend)
- Love the rock music, bro.
- Nolan North is awesome for voicing me. Others are good too (like Death and Rogue).

Cons
- Too damn short (High Moon's fault, not mine)
- Not much boss fights (sucks that I can't beat the crap out of Magneto or Venom)
- Not suitable for underage children? (not my fault if you parents can't control your kids form playing my game)
- Keeping slashing or shooting into things are boring me (meaning, repetitive combat)
- Level designs are totally straight-forward, High Moon (lack variety of puzzles or progression methods).

Comments

Popular Posts